Social selling is the practice of a company selling goods and services to other businesses through word-of-mouth marketing. It’s not just about asking your customers if they would buy from them again or make them feel like they’re pampered; it’s also about creating trust between you and your customer.
Do you sell products or services?
If so, how do you ensure your customers feel confident in buying from you?
What can you do to create trust in them? First, look at how social selling builds trust with your customers.
Be Proactive and Communicate Often
Many businesses are under the misconception that social selling is about automated communications.
While social selling includes automated communications, it’s also about proactive communications. Proactive communications are the ones that start when you have a new idea to share with your customers.
You can use social selling to send communications like, “Hey, do you know what today’s superfood is?”, “I’ve got a great deal on the new coffee machine that’s helping my business, come and see it!” and “We’ve made some improvements to our product that I think you’d benefit from.”
These communications can help you develop relationships with your customers, increase their trust in you, and make them feel valued.
Create Value for Your Customers
Social selling is all about generating value with your customers. How do you create this value and what can you do to achieve it?
- Be Proactive
- You can start conversations with your customers that help them solve their problems and create value for them with the products and services you sell. Create communications that allow your customers to solve their problems, and you’ll help them build trust in you and your business.
- Access the Right Networks
- Your social selling network might be a mix of social media accounts, email lists, and other closed and open networks. Ensure you’re accessing these networks and engaging with your customers through them.
- Be Creative
- Social selling is about creating value for your customers and having fun. Be creative when sharing your communications and encourage your customers to feel and be seen.
Establish Authentic Conversations
Social selling is about building authentic relationships with your customers. How do you create these relationships, and what can you do to help to establish them?
- Be Engaged
- Engaging with your customers is the best way to establish authentic relationships. You can use social selling to ask questions, offer solutions and help your customers solve their problems. You can also ask your customers about their needs, desires, and challenges so that you can learn about them and establish trust in them.
- Show Your Emotions
- Social selling is about being human and showing emotions. Don’t be afraid to show your feelings when engaging with your customers. You’ll encourage your customers to do the same, which will help establish trust.
- Respond to Questions
- Responding to customers’ questions is a great way to establish trust. You can use social selling to help your customers by answering their questions.
Build a Strong Network of Relationships
Social selling is all about building solid relationships with your customers.
So what can you do to help to build a network of relationships with your customers?
- Ask the Right Questions
- You can use social selling to ask customers about their needs, desires, and challenges to build a network of relationships with them. Use these types of communications to build a network of relationships with your customers.
- Look for Commonalities
- Establishing relationships with your customers is about finding commonalities. Start by finding common interests, hobbies, and passions between you and your customers. This will help to build a network of relationships with them.
- Create Relationships
- Social selling is about creating relationships with your customers. You can use social selling to start a conversation and attempt to get to know them better.
Don’t Just Walk Away When You Lose Trust
Social selling is about building trust with your customers, which means you need to walk away when you lose trust in them. So how do you walk away, and what can you do to help to walk away?
- Accept That You Won’t Always Win
- Trust is built on losing trust, and you need to accept that you’ll lose the trust of your customers from time to time. What you need to do is make sure that you walk away from these customers so that you can rebuild trust with them.
- Be Transparent
- Customers need to know that they can trust you. By being transparent, you can use social selling to show customers they can trust you.
- Be Resilient
- Trust is built on resilience, and you need to walk away if you lose trust with your customers. What you need to do is walk away with a smile on your face and know that you did the right thing.
Social selling is about creating value for your customers, establishing authentic relationships, and building a network of relationships with them.
You can use social selling to help your customers solve their problems, access great networks and create strong relationships with them.
Social selling is about being human and showing your emotions, engaging with your customers, being creative and creating value for them, and being transparent.
You can use social selling to create a stronger bond with your customers and help build trust in them.